Approved Uses of Ultravac 7 in 1
Ultravac 7 in1 is used for the routine immunisation of cattle for the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease), blackleg and leptospirosis in cattle. Ultravac 7 in 1 is used for the prevention of urinary shedding of the named leptospires in cattle when used prior to natural exposure and to prevent the risk of human leptospiral infection associated with the shedding of the named leptospires in the urine and from the reproductive tract of cattle.
Ultravac 7 in 1 is used for the prevention of reproductive tract colonisation and placental and foetal infection with L. hardjo.
Key Features of Ultravac 7 in 1
Global studies have indicated that Pfizer Animal Health's leptospirosis vaccines are equal to, if not the best in the world.
Ultravac 7 in1 vaccine provides unique protection by preventing the shedding of leptospires L.hardjo and L.pomona in the urine and from the reproductive tract. This means that as well as the animal being protected from the productivity losses associated with leptospirosis, the vaccine also prevents the animal from contaminating the environment and placing unvaccinated cattle and people at risk.
Ultravac 7 in1 can be used from 6 weeks of age. This ensures early protection after two initial doses, without the need for expensive additional doses of vaccine to provide effective year long protection. A single annual dose is all that is required to provide on-going annual protection, without the need for six-monthly booster doses. Additional doses of Ultravac 5 in1 may be required to maintain immunity to enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
Additional Information - Ultravac 7 in 1
* Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
* It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
* For subcutaneous use only.
* Ultravac 7 in 1 can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
* Ultravac 7 in 1 can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
Always consult your veterinarian